Tabbouleh is a Middle-Eastern salad that combines hearty grain with fresh, zesty flavours.
- 175 g (1 cup) quinoa
- 100 g (1/2 cup) millet
- 540 ml (2 and 1/4 cups) water
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 2 cucumbers, cut into half-finger-width sticks
- half a bunch spring onion (scallions), chopped
- juice of a lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- fresh basil or mint leaves or parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the quinoa, millet and water on low heat 30–40 minutes until the grains are fluffy and the water is absorbed. Add more water if it absorbs too quickly and the grains are still hard. Cool and put in a bowl.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix.
Jutka says: This dish also goes wonderfully well with almond burgers, pies or stir-fried vegetables with tofu.