You will need a 28 cm (11 in) diameter pie dish.
Preheat oven to 150° C (300° F).
- 5 large courgettes (zucchinis) (1.3 kg or 3 lb), coarsely grated
- olive oil for frying
- 1 large leek (700 g), sliced, or 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of dill or parsley, finely chopped
- 150 g (1 cup) wholewheat flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- pinch of black pepper
- a handful of sesame and sunflower seeds
1. Mix the courgette (zucchini) with salt. Let it stand for 5 minutes then squeeze out the liquid.
2. Fry the leek or onion in plenty of olive oil until golden.
3. Add the fried leek or onion, dill or parsley, another tsp salt (or to taste), flour, eggs and black pepper to the courgette (zucchini) and mix.
4. Grease the pie dish and pour the mixture into it. Sprinkle the seeds on top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Jutka says: For a colourful quiche, place round tomato slices on the top before baking.